GiveShop Community Guidelines
The GiveShop marketplace has been developed with the sole purpose of offering its users a safe, innovative way to convert gently used items into cash donations for charity. In order for the marketplace to succeed, all users must agree to act honestly, transparently and respectfully towards one another. To this end, we have developed a set of clear and simple guidelines that we ask that all users review and respect.
Please report to GiveShop any violations of the Community Guidelines at email@example.com.
- Set fair prices and make fair offers, remember proceeds go to charity
- Be truthful and accurately represent what you are posting through your item descriptions and you’re Chat conversations
- Ensure all items for sale include photos that are clear, well-lit and accurately represent what you’ve donated
- Show-up and be on-time for meet ups to exchange items. Notify the other person if you are going to be delayed.
Be a Good Citizen and be Ethical:
There is zero tolerance for violations of good citizenship. We will remove anyone from the marketplace that does not comply with these expectations:
- No bullying, violence, threats or demeaning behaviour
- No posting or messages that are defamatory, libelous, fraudulent or otherwise violate the law.
- No using GiveShop for any purpose that’s fraudulent or unlawful.
- No asking a prospective buyer questions about their sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or family status.
Prohibited Application Activities:
- Do not attempt to lure users off of GiveShop to other services
- Do not attempt to circumvent our anti-spam and anti-fraud efforts
- No harvesting or collecting information about our users or directing our users to external websites or apps to harvest or collect their information.
- No interfering with or disrupting the operation of GiveShop or our servers or networks
- No posting or transmitting any virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware or other computer code, file or program that’s or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment
- No reproducing, modifying, distributing or otherwise exploiting any portion of GiveShop except as authorized by us.
- No reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any portion of GiveShop
- Unless you’re a public search engine, no using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather our content.
- Systematically downloading our content
Prohibited Items Guideline:
The following items are not permitted on the marketplace. If you see any of these items listed on the marketplace please report them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pornographic items including adult sex toys
- Live animals (including coral)
- Weapons of any kind including firearms, accessories and ammunition
- Items that depict or glorify violence
- Items that promote or support hate groups
- Counterfeit goods
- Replicas that are sold without consent from the trademark owner
- Stocks and other securities, as well as other non-transferable items
- Stolen goods
- Hacking tools
- Any goods including vehicles where you are not the titleholder
- Alcoholic or cannabis products
- E-cigarettes and e-juice
- Illegal Drugs
- Prescription drugs or medical devices
- Over-the-counter drugs and supplements
- Skin and bones from endangered or protected species
- Any food items
- Financial Services (tax filing and preparation, insurance, loans, and credit scoring)
- Legal Services (debt collection, will preparation, legal advice)
- Medical Services (chiropractic care, cosmetic services like Botox)
- Escort Services, companionship, matchmaking
- Massage services
- Services which are themselves illegal or may include illegal activity
- Services related to alcohol or drugs
- Services involving guns or other weapons
- Affiliate or pyramid schemes
- Services making extreme or unrealistic promises
- Any novelty, toy or replica guns
- Burglary Tools
- Pesticides, tear gas, and other hazardous chemicals or controlled substances
- Used cosmetics
- Lottery tickets and other sweepstakes or gambling
- Bodily fluids such as breast milk
- Sale of currency as a product (cryptocurrencies, euros, dollars, etc.). Collectibles are okay.