GiveShop is a new and innovative way for charities to raise incremental funds from existing donors as well attract new donors to your cause. GiveShop offers its charity partners an easy and no risk avenue to monetizing the vast, used goods marketplace – estimated to be $28 billion dollars annually in Canada.
Unlike other fundraising initiatives which have upfront costs and related risks, GiveShop is free to join and has a fee structure that is entirely performance based. When a donor item sells on the marketplace, GiveShop charges a percentage platform fee and remits the net proceeds of the transaction directly to the benefiting charity along with the donor profile information for tax receipt purposes.
The only requirements on the part of our charity partners is to issue a tax receipt to the donor of any item that sells on the GiveShop marketplace and promote its partnership with GiveShop to its existing donors and partners. It’s that simple.
If you would like to become a GiveShop charity partner, simply send us a quick email using the link below and a GiveShop representative will follow up shortly to get the process started.
We look forward to helping you grow your donation base as well as attracting new donors to your cause.
More than ever schools are in need of funding to support important extracurricular activities, new technology in the classroom as well as aging sports and play facilities. Also, charities across Canada have been hit hard by Covid-19 with 1 in 5 charities having either suspended operations, cancelled programs or shut down permanently.
GiveShop has created a simple and easy to use fundraising tool for schools called a Virtual Garage Sale. A Virtual Garage Sale or VGS allows students, family and friends to donate and buy gently used items on the GiveShop marketplace and link them to their specific fundraising initiative. GiveShop will track your social impact by reporting on key fundraising metrics like items sold, community engagement and total funds raised for your cause.
There are three streams of school-based fundraising that GiveShop can support:
Fundraising for Schools
Fundraising is a staple of most schools in Canada and Giveshop’s on-line marketplace makes it easy for schools to raise funds for important school needs such as extracurricular activities, in classroom technology as well as play structures and sports equipment. Broaden your fundraising impact by partnering with other schools in order to pool resources and proceeds raised.
Fundraising for Charities in your Community
GiveShop’s on-line marketplace can also be used by your school to fundraise for important charitable causes in your community. GiveShop has partnered with over 40 charities across the spectrum of social needs and can have you set-up and raising funds for an important charity in no time. If you don’t see your favourite charity on our marketplace, let us know and we can work with you to add them to our community.
High School Student Fundraising and Community Service Hours
In consultation with charities and high school administrators, GiveShop has developed a safe, educational and trackable process for individual high school students to raise important funds for charities. Student impact is tangible and can be accurately allocated towards required community service hours. A typical fundraiser will earn approximately ten community service hours.
Elementary and high school student communities can safely fundraise for important causes, gain an appreciation for community service, and have fun doing it!
To get started on planning your school event email us using the link below and a GiveShop representative will be happy to follow up.
BUSINESSES & THE GIVESHOP CORPORATE PARTNER PROGRAM
Corporate social responsibility is an important aspect of running a successful business. That’s why we’ve created the Virtual Garage Sale – an easy and flexible initiative that allows a business of any size to raise funds for a charity of their choosing. Best of all, the Virtual Garage Sale doesn’t require your business to write a cheque.
Our technology platform makes it fast and easy for your staff to link themselves to your fundraising initiative and track progress. When an item sells, the staff donor receives a personal tax receipt for the sale amount while also contributing to your company’s fundraising goal – a true win / win / win for all stakeholders. Other advantages include:
- A fun team building exercise (everyone feels good about supporting a worthy cause).
- Repurposing gently used items into cash contributions that can make a meaningful difference in your community (while also minimizing materials being directed to landfill).
- Complementing any existing fundraising initiatives your company may already have planned (a great way to augment your corporate giving).
- A great way for staff on fixed budgets to participate and support their company’s corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Through the GiveShop Corporate Partner Program, companies can leverage many benefits including virtual employee engagement, supporting communities in need, making connections with new charities, and increasing brand awareness of your company.
GiveShop and its charity partners have assembled a calendar of focused campaigns in support of specific causes throughout the year with specific fundraising goals. Business partners are encouraged to select one or more campaigns that they and their staff can support in one or more of the following ways:
- Give the gift of a GiveShop Charity Shopping Spree. Invite your employees to raise money for charity simply by shopping on the GiveShop Marketplace. Companies reimburse a set amount per employee (ex. $50) who use the funds to purchase items on the marketplace. The money goes to charity, your employees get items of their choosing, and your company has an impressive CSR impact worthy of reporting and celebrating.
- Enter a staff team in a campaign and run a Virtual Garage Sale whereby company employees are encouraged to donate or buy gently used items in support of the selected campaign.
- Donate merchandise or services as prizing to a larger campaign or to be sold on the GiveShop Marketplace in support of any campaign.
- Become a campaign media sponsor and have your company featured in our paid media
elements including radio, digital and social.
Below is a list of current and upcoming campaigns on the GiveShop Marketplace. To support one of these campaigns or to explore starting a Virtual Garage Sale of your own, please reach out to us at [email protected] to learn more. Together, we can make a real impact benefitting those who need it most.
CAMPAIGN TITLE | BENEFICIARY CHARITY | CAMPAIGN GOAL | TIMEFRAME
• Better Living Charitable Foundation Fall Cleanout | Margaret Bahen Hospice & Doane House Hospice, Better Living Health and Community Services, and Better Living at Thompson House | $1,000 | August 19 – September 30
Tired of organizing labour intensive fundraisers that consume a ton of volunteer time? GiveShop is a new and innovative online marketplace that allows users to donate or buy items with all proceeds benefiting a charity or cause of their choosing. It’s fast, easy and best of all, consumes almost no volunteer time and energy.
Group members are encouraged to create a free GiveShop profile and post one or more items. Our technology platform makes it fast and easy for your group members to link themselves to your fundraising initiative and track progress. When an item sells, the group member who donated the item receives a personal tax receipt for the sale amount while also contributing to your group’s fundraising goal – a true win / win / win for all stakeholders. Other advantages include:
- A fun team building exercise. Everyone feels good about supporting a worthy cause.
- Repurposing gently used items into cash contributions that can make a meaningful difference in your community while also minimizing materials being directed to landfill.
- The GiveShop Virtual Garage Sale is complimentary to any existing fundraising initiatives your group may already have planned. A great way to augment your giving strategy.
- A great way for group members on fixed budgets to participate in your fundraising initiatives.
To get started on planning your Virtual Garage Sale email us using the link below and a GiveShop representative will be in touch.